From the history of Reichian Analysis, through its most recent developments to its unrivalled perception of the central importance of the therapeutic setting.
This new book by Genovino Ferri and Giuseppe Cimini abundantly brings Wilhelm Reich’s psychoanalytical intuition to life, adding new, illuminating, translatable connections to that inextricable, living link between psychoanalysis and the body:
– The Arrow of Evolutive Time (which the authors, drawing on the Theory of Complexity, define as being Negentropic)
– The Stages of Development based on clear biological boundaries
– The Object Relationships with the partial object of that time
The Bodily Segments, or Levels, which are marked by the Imprintings of the object relationships of each stage of development
– The Character Traits (character = incised mark) which develop from them and, partially overlapping, are incorporated into patterns of behaviour
– Psychopathology made human and comprehensible by its Intelligent Sense.
A body which becomes psyche from its initial intrauterine appearance (a relationship between an “embryonal” body and a “partial” body), where the first pathologies have their origins.
A body which is always speaking and is thus always legible, can always be listened to and observed in its elementary and complex semiology and in its transformation into characterological types…
Every reader will be able to find their own body or parts of it.
The authors add a further startling discovery to the history of Reichian Analysis, the fundamental passages of which are described. This discovery will completely modify the therapeutic setting, or, rather, the interpretation of the patient-therapist “relationship” as a third presence, as a responsive, third living force. It will create triangulation that can be expressed and will expand dia-logue to tria-logue, adding a new voice to research.
In “Psychopathology and Character, Reichian interpretation – psychoanalysis in the body and the body in psychoanalysis” every reader will be able to seek and find themselves. Feeling your body and connecting it to your knowledge will be sufficient, so letting knowledge and feeling converse. In this way we can all reach greater depths and new heights.